Annual John C. Stevens Family Law Symposium: Benched
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
05:00 PM - 07:00 PM
The Firehouse Center for the Arts
Market Square, Newburyport, MA, USA
Featuring all of the Essex Probate Court judges, and a surprise guest star, Moderators Judith Cowan and Donald Pitman will guide a discussion of the most current challenging issues.
Attend & Learn:
- Use of recordings in court
- Contempt and fees – does payment of the underlying amount stop the contempt and fees?
- Post-trial and pre-appeal procedures…what can we do to start or stop cases? When is a stay applicable to the terms of a judgment?
- Attacking the presumption for college – when is the ½ of UMass Amherst standard applicable or not?
- The judge's view on substance abuse cases
Hon. Michael D. Anderson
Hon. Mary Rudolph-Black
Hon. Frances M. Giordano
Hon. Nan M. Sauer
Hon. Jennifer M. Rivera Ulwick
Moderators: Attorneys Judith Cowan and Donald Pitman
Select a ticket and proceed to registration details